HOW TO GET RID OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD GHOST
Almost 99% of the time, you have what is called a “prankster spirit”. Following are the most common pranks that scare people.
· Footsteps in the hallway or attic
· Low voices
· Muffled voices
· Objects vanishing
· Objects being moved
· Dark shadows on the wall
· Appliances being turned on and off
· Lights turned on or off at will
· Strange odors
· Dogs & cats acting weird
· Your name being called
· Impression someone is watching
· Footprints appearing
· Strong negative emotions felt
Most of the pranks are being done simply so that the spirit can see how we are going to react. The only time that it is considered unhealthy is when small children are being frightened. For this, it is recommended that you ask the spirit to not scare the child(ren) in a firm voice (strong but not overbearing). Do not yell at the spirit, just be very stern.
There is another kind of spirit that we need to be aware of: a malevolent spirit. The malevolent spirit is a spirit with destructive behavior patterns that will harm a member of the household. Usually, the first instinct is to remove the malevolent spirit by way of exorcism. However, in my own personal experience, exorcism does not work. In fact, it only angers the spirit. Instead, we must understand the reasons that the malevolent spirit is drawn the particular member of the household. Each person sends forth emotional energy that can be either positive or negative. Malevolent spirits tend to feed off of the negative emotions. If we want to get rid of the malevolent spirit, we must forgive and forget and move on, getting rid of the negative energy in the process. Then, there will be nothing more for the malevolent spirit to feed on.
How to Get a Ghost out of Your House
Here are some steps to follow if you still want to remove the entity from your home:
· Get rid of ‘negative energy’ using sage. One way the Native Americans used is a Sage ceremony. It was used to get rid of negative energies in the shelter. To do this, get two packs of sage, burn it, and spread the smoke throughout the house. Say something along the lines of “We mean you no harm, please leave this place in peace.” You do not necessarily have to day that, but it has been known to work. However, this last method has a few unfortunate downs. See Warnings.
· This is a messy way, but spread salt on the windowsills. Salt represents a sort of positive energy, and in Wicca, for example, salt is used as a protective agent.
· Cleanse your home. This way is helpful, as you will “kill two birds with one stone”. However, this method requires much preparation. To do this, wash everything in your house. All sheets, curtains, everything. Vacuum/hoover the floors and give the house a thorough cleaning.
· Contact your local priest/exorcist. The priest will bless the house, hopefully at the least, making things better. If they don’t, turn to the exorcist, who will be able to remove the ghosts. (*NOTE* I do not endorse not recommend an exorcism as they usually just anger the spirits!)
Go through all the rooms in the house, with a small bell, ringing it quietly in each corner.
· Another way is to get a buddy, go through the house holding hands and saying in a firm voice “This is the house for the living, not the dead. You are dead, so we wish you well to seek the light and move on where you ought to be.” Be aware that things could get kind of freaky in a matter of seconds, as ghosts often don’t realize that they are dead, so reminding it of that fact will cause some surprise (wouldn’t you be surprised if someone told you that you were dead?)
· One other way is to ask the ghost questions, such as “Are you happy that we have moved into this home” and have some kind of code, like one knock on door is Yes and two is No. This is meant to be handled by experts, though. Ghosts can sense when one is scared, or gets nervous easily, and can often take advantage of this fact as soon as they realize it. If the answers to your questions are negative, it may be time to look for a new house.
· Set out some things that the ghost may have left behind during its time on Earth. If the ghost had a diary, set the diary out and the list goes on.
· Pray. Pray on your life that the ghost will go. This is often like blessing the house, and has had results.
· Sprinkle holy water (if you are Christian) throughout the house. This is often like blessing the house, and has had results. *NOTE* This can also anger the spirit, so use caution.
· Using Garlic can help as well, putting garlic in the room, or wearing it around your neck.
COMMON SIGNS YOUR HOUSE MAY BE HAUNTED
· Feelings of being watched (This is not the most accurate sign, as when you’re alone the brain reacts making you feel sensations)
· Sudden changes in temperature
· Noises from nowhere
· Things happening without anyone doing it (this is also a sign that a poltergeist may be in the house. If anyone has blue or green eyes, there is a chance that once they become a teenager, they could be a poltergeist)
· Orbs of light from nowhere, just gliding along
· Unexplainable events happening
· Puddles of water appearing with no known source.
· Contrary to popular belief, ghosts are not necessarily bad. There was one report of a family whose ghost got rid of the toxins in the water supply and once the ghost was exorcised, the family died.
· The down side of the Sage treatment is that it can “wake up” dormant spirits, obviously making things worse.
· Sage is temporary. It will work for at the most, a few months, and you will have the ghost again. Make sure you know what you want out of your house.
· If you are using sage, make your goals very specific. If you have a child with an imaginary friend, or who is being scared, it is best to say “I command any entities to leave this place at once!”
How to Get Rid of Unwanted Ghosts
Ghosts can appear to you in a number of ways. They can be seen in human form or in some instances can be felt or heard. You may have experienced any of the following and this may indicate that you have a haunted house.
· You have seen a shadow in the corner of your eye
· You have felt a cold sensation when entering a particular room
· You have heard noises in the house that are not easily explained
· You have felt a presence around you
· In severe cases, you may be experiencing some poltergeist activities in your home such as plates smashing, doors slamming shut, vases or ornaments rocking or loud thumping on walls or floors. Often this type of activity is being created by a negative angry ghost which is caught on the astral plane.
In order to rid your house of unwanted ghosts, you may wish to try any of the following exercises:
· Begin by meditating and protect your house by imagining a bright light covering your house and protecting you and the other occupants. This technique will give you an invisible yet powerful shield against unwanted ghosts.
· If you see a ghost and feel uncomfortable with its presence, tell the ghost to leave your home and move towards the white light which is present on the astral plane. This will draw the ghost to other spiritual levels and thus leaving the astral plane and your home.
· Cleanse your home on a regular basis by imagining a white light cleansing each room in your home and taking with it all the negative energies and ghosts you wish to remove. Imagine the negative energies being dispelled into the earth. Once you have cleansed the house, protect it with white light and fill each room with love and positive energies.
· Ensure you do not conduct séances and use the Ouija boards in your home that also might attract ghosts on the astral plane.
· Ensure that the energies in and around your home are positive and that the occupants and visitors are not attracting ghosts of a negative nature.
WICCAN REMEDIES FOR GETTING RID OF GHOSTS
Spell To Rid Oneself Of A Bothersome Spirit
‘What is dark be filled with light,
Remove this spirit from my sight.’
Before starting, place your hand before you and start the flow of power out of your hand and then say the words, letting the envisioned blue-white light from your power hand fill the room or house or any other place that you might be.
Spell To Trap An Evil Spirit (In A Jar)
This traps an evil entity or evil spirits and prevents any harm being done.
· Salt water-1 part Sea salt to 8 parts of spring water
· 1 dried rose
· 13 rose thorns
· 1 small glass jar and a tightly fitting lid
Put the rose thorns into the jar one at a time and as you do this, drop one in, and chant the following:
‘Thou Demon presence
Be no more!’
Crush up the thorns in the jar and then crush up the rose petals and add them to the jar. Then slowly add the salt water. Keep the jar open overnight. The next morning before the sunrise, close the lid. All the evil should now be trapped inside the jar. Cover the jar with a cloth and bury it far away from the house in a place that has no buildings nearby.
If you are feeling uneasy, nervous, or threatened, try repeating this chant quietly to yourself.
‘Divine Goddess, Goddess Divine,
Divine God, God Divine,
If evil dwells with this place,
Please make it leave my space.’
The next one can be changed a little bit and be used to bind the evil out of the home. I have personally tried this one and it has worked.
Binding Spell For General Use
Take a piece of light-weight cardboard and draw images and write words on it to represent the evils that you wish to bind…examples being a man with an X crossing out his heart to show it is closed, words like Greed, Irresponsibility, Disrespect, etc…Then crumple the cardboard up into a loose ball.
Take a piece of black yarn and wind it around the cardboard twenty-one times. With each time you loop the string around the cardboard, say one line of the following chant:
‘With the thread of the crimes
Of your own design
I bind your evil
Three times seven times
I bind you from behind
I bind you from before
That you’ll hurt my people
Never ever more
I bind you from the Left
I bind you from the Right
I bind you by Day
I bind you by Night
I bind you from below
I bind you from above
That you may ever know
The laws of life and love
I bind you with your own
Good conscience within
And so let this magic
Tie off the ends of the yarn with three sturdy knots to seal the spell. When done with this, burn the unwrapped images and words in a loud, strong, crackling fire. Chant these words until it is thoroughly burned:
‘Goddess of darkest night
Send our troubles all to flight
Burn them in thy sacred fires
And replace them with our hearts’ desires!’
Once the image is burned and all negativity removed, do a positive visualization to replace it…for example, people laughing and dancing in rainbows, etc. Be sure that when you do this you cast a strong protective circle around yourself and all participants before you begin.
‘By the dragon’s light, on this (month) night,
I call to thee to give me your might,
By the power of three, I conjure thee,
To protect all that surrounds me, so mote it be!’
Magick Protection Spell I
Here is a protection chant to protect you from evil. You should do this before and after doing spells. Visualize yourself sitting in the middle of the pentagram facing upwards with 3 circles of purple light around you and say three times:
‘Protect me with all your might
Goddess gracious day and night
So mote it be!’
Magick Protection Spell II
Say the following three times:
‘Thrice around the circle’s bound
Sink all evil into the ground.
So mote it be!’
Spell For Protecting The Home
Start by mixing water and salt, two elements of magick. Consecrate them. Use garlic salt and add powdered rosemary if you need to clear out ghosts or spirits. Begin at the main entrance of the house or apartment. Sprinkle some of the consecrated water by dipping your fingers in it and making the sign of the pentacle. Say:
‘Evil shall leave but not enter.’
Use a firm voice. Make it a commandment, with all of your power behind it. Proceed counterclockwise through the house, repeating the procedure in every corner of each room, at all the windows, doors and mirrors. Don’t forget telephones, computers with active modems, fax machines, intercoms, and televisions that are connected to the internet. It doesn’t hurt to do the mailbox too. Make the downward pentacle, with your left hand, if this feels right to you. Or, you can make the upward pentacle with your right hand. Either will work. Repeat the spell annually, or whenever you feel need of it. It is important to perform a spell like this one on a new home before you move into it.
Purpose: To protect yourself and/or loved ones from all types of harm.
Wear gloves when mixing and using. You will need to combine in a jar or bottle.
· ½ cup of spring water
· 1 teaspoon vervain
· 2 tablespoons sea salt
· 2 tablespoons frankincense
· 2 tablespoons myrrh
Sprinkle water very lightly around home indiscreet places (i.e. in closets) and anoint the bottom of your shoes and those of loved ones. Dispose of remainder immediately after use.
Magick Protection Chant II
Say the following 3 times:
‘Trice around the circle’s bound,
Sink all evil into the ground.
So mote it be!’
The Cauldron And The Knife
Just before going to bed, fill a cauldron (or iron bucket, bowl or pot) with water and place it inside your house near the front door. Take a very sharp knife or athame and place it point-down into the water, saying:
‘Into the water I place this blade,
To guard against the thief and shade.
May no flesh nor astral shell,
Enter this place wherein I dwell.’
This is a good protection spell, and can be performed every evening. In the morning, remove and dry the knife, and place it somewhere safe. Then, without touching it, pour the water outside, (or down the drain if necessary) and put the cauldron away. It probably wouldn’t be a good idea to do this spell if you’re expecting company, as it could be dangerous (and wet). You can do this at each door if desired, and protects against more than corporeal forms.
Magick Brew For Exorcism
· 4 tbsp. boneset
· 3 sprigs of holy thistle
· Handful of angelica
· 4 oz. horehound
· Pinch of salt
· 3 parts sandalwood
· 3 roots of mandrake
Brew and sprinkle to all four corners of the house to drive away evil.
Magick Incense To Ward Off Ghosts
· 3 oz. juniper leaves
· 4 tbsp. dried rosemary
· 2 oz. fennel seeds
· 2 tsp. basil
· 3 tsp. linden flowers
· 2 tsp. angelica
· Pinch of salt
Magick Protection Brew
· 4 parts rue
· 6 oz. rosemary
· 3 oz. vertivert
· 2 tbsp. hyssop
· Sprig of mistletoe
Don’t drink this! Brew these ingredients and anoint each window and door(s) of the house. Sprinkle the rest on the four corners of the house to prevent evil from coming.
Use any and as many of the spells I have included above to help you with your poltergeist or ghostly problem. Should you have more questions or if I am able to assist you in any way, please comment below.